Ava Kofman sums up the challenges for AR:
- The AR set should be small;
- AR needs stronger batteries to deliver a bright video display that also works in daylight;
- “any slight misalignment or lag-time with its projections might make people sick—a little glitch and the device is too annoying; a major mismatch and it’s dysfunctional”;
- The field of view is only an estimated 40% – images keep “dropping out” of the field of view;
- “People have to want to wear them … it will need to have appealing everyday applications … but also appear non-threatening to those not wearing the device”.